Why do we have a Uniform?
At Devhan's School of Ballet we have a strict uniform policy for several reasons:
- It ensures that pupils are suitably dressed for class and that clothing and footwear are safe and appropriate for the style of Dance
- It gives students a sense of belonging and encourages discipline, which is an essential part of Dance training (this includes hair)
- It enables your child’s teacher to see body shape and be able to make corrections accurately. Wearing baggy clothing effectively means that your child cannot be corrected properly and therefore may be getting into bad habits
- Dance shoes must not be fitted with 'growing room' and they should fit snugly to the foot. If they are too big, they are a tripping hazard and the line of the foot will not be shown.
- Female students must have their tied back neatly from the face in a bun for Ballet.
Uniform can be purchased through the School at competitive prices, please contact the Principal for more details. Second-hand items are sometimes available through the School's 'Swap Scheme'.
For Uniform List please follow the link below.